Dexter Russell Traditional 4" Oyster Knife Boston Pattern 10151 22
Shucking oysters are much more pleasurable when you use an oyster knife with the right features. Shucking is the action of prying open oysters and separating their meat from the shell. The blade of an oyster knife is beveled yet dull, so the delicate muscle of the oyster will not become damaged when shucking. At the blade’s end, the pointed or rounded tip is curved slightly upward which helps to unhinge the oyster and slice through its muscle. It is highly recommended you use the knife type designed for the right shell. We offer several different handle types; Boston Pattern, Brewster Pattern, Galveston Patten, New Haven Pattern, and the Providence Pattern. Make easy work of oyster shucking by using what the pros use.
Wooden handle knives are the most popular handle material in the world. The Traditional line of cutlery has stood the test of time and is the choice of many who appreciate the feel of a wood handle. The Traditional product line features a stainless steel blade, a high-carbon steel blade, or a proprietary DEXSTEEL blade which is the best of both worlds. Including an individually ground and honed edge for just the right flexibility and durability. Unique edge geometry ensures a long lasting blade edge, and easily restored performance every time it’s sharpened. The handles are durable and require minimal maintenance if cared for properly, these knives will last you a lifetime. There is something to be said for great American made knives that have been used since the early 1800’s. Made in USA.
- Superior blade shape for easier slicing
- Unique edge geometry for long lasting, easily restored performance
- Hand honed to the ultimate edge
- Formed handle for comfort and functionality
- Polished Rosewood handles
- Large brass compression rivets
- High Carbon Steel Blade
* Please note this knife features a high carbon steel blade, high carbon steel is not stainless. It can rust- please make sure to clean your high carbon steel blade by hand washing and drying. Coat the blade with mineral oil and store in a dry place to keep it from rusting/ staining.
|HANDLE LENGTH||2 1/2|
|OVERALL LENGTH||6 1/2|
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I really like this knife for shucking oysters. The best out there. Thanks to Fishbone Knives, I had it in my hand in 2 days waiting for oysters to shuck.
Best Oyster Knife out there!! I have tried them all! Fishbone customer service and shipping was excellent. Thank you.
I've used these for years and still love them. Fishbone shipping was great and the customer service was excellent! Thank you.